fredag 25. januar 2013

INTRODUCTION




I am really looking forward to start this project about Great Expectations. I love the characters Miss Havisham and Estelle. There are so many layers to them,  and I find them very interesting. They can be analyzed and portrayed in many different ways. I really want to make the typical ugly / beauty on Havisham and Estelle. This is  my first impression and vision I got from them:

Miss Havisham:
 Behind her horrific appearance there is a faded beauty that is very hard to capture. You can see that she once was gorgeous. She had shiny glossy blonde hair with bright sparkly blue eyes. It has now turned grey, frizzy, dry hair and her eyes is cold and intense, it will make you freeze and sting just looking into them.  Her skin is chalky and pale, with moles, liver spots and broken veins. Her once pearly white teeth is now yellow, rotten and looks like a number of teethes are missing. Her arms are almost scratched to the flesh from her nervous anxiety attack that leads to self harm.h The smell and breath of her is now a strong smell of death. It stays in the room for days after she has been there.
The evilness inside her has eaten her beauty and there is no godness in her soul.

Some inspiration pictures












 Kirsty Mitchell - About Wonderland
Estelle

Estelle has the beauty that is breathtaking, it was Miss Havisham beauty but now its mixed with the evil and the good that it is so strong and luring. She is like a beautiful raven. Black shiny hair and dark eyes you can drown in. Her young smooth skin is glowing and she has rosy cheeks that give her an innocence that can lure any man. Her lips has a natural pink to them and she smells like strawberries and a hint of vanilla.


 Jasmine - disney-princess Fan Art

I have many plans for the characters, but as always I am a bit nervous about hair and time management. 
The first thing I did was putting up a personal timetable of what I have to do every day. Tomorrow I am visiting the library to find some books about the Victorian era and I am visiting Southampton art gallery with my boyfriend to make some research and find inspiration.


Snow white and yasmin
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/disney-princess/images/31470185/title/snow-white-fanart
 Ann Hathaway
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/22/johnny-depp-as-mad-hatter_n_218747.html
 Miss Havisham old woman
http://edinburghfestival.list.co.uk/article/44027-miss-havishams-expectations/
 Miss havisham Big hair and lady in lake
http://blogrestandplay.com/2011/10/08/

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar